Re: DEW works! was: (again) (almost)

Jaroslav Tulach

Oct 22, 2017, 2:07:51 AM10/22/17
to Wooguil Pak, bck2...@googlegroups.com, DukeScript
Hi.
Now I believe the new DEW works for all examples.

Hello Wooguil,
Currently some examples do not work such as
- Renders analog clock -- does not update clock image.

This works for me, from time to time, but when it doesn't there is a following error in the console:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.util.Timer
c.warn__VLjava_lang_String_2 @ vm.js:122403

when this happens, the vm.java_util_Timer functions (which represents the class) is set to:

$ vm.java_util_Timer
ƒ () {
  var instance = arguments.length == 0 || arguments[0] === true;
  return lazy.load__Ljava_lang_Object_2Ljava_lang_String_2Z(dot, instance);
}

which is strange, this class should have already be in the VM, no need to load it lazily.

I solved this problem by pre-initializing certain API classes before loading the dynamic code:

If no more errors if found, it is time to replace the previous version of DEW with the new. Thanks in advance for a bit more testing. The new version is now staged at http://hudson.apidesign.org/job/dew/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/static-dew/target/static-dew-0.1-SNAPSHOT-bck2brwsr/public_html/index.html

-jt