Custom binding. Aplication freezed

oscar.al...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2017, 10:09:37 PM2/26/17
to DukeScript
Hi,

I am looking for alternatives to develop an application. I found dukescript and it seems a really good alternative.
I've been playing dukescript for a few weeks. At this moment I have a couple of problems, I hope the community can give me lights to continue.

My application has multiple views and I'm using templates to navigate (https://dukescript.com/best/practices/2015/11/23/dynamic-templates.html). I have custom bindings to capture events (eg keypress).

Everything is fine while I run the application from netbeans. Navigation ok, custom binding ok.

But when creating the executable (Run Maven -> Build Desktop App) and running the application from the jar its behavior changes. Custom binding not work and after navigating a couple of times (forward and back) my application freezes.

It should be something in the configuration of my project but I do not know how to solve it.

Any ideas? Thank you all.

Jaroslav Tulach

Feb 27, 2017, 1:30:57 AM2/27/17
to oscar.al...@gmail.com, DukeScript
Interesting. I wouldn't expect any significant difference between "Run Project" and "Build Desktop App" + execute as "java -jar ...". When running in NetBeans the inspector is on, but it shouldn't influence the behavior of your application.

Hard to say what can be wrong. Maybe try to launch the firebug

> There is an easy way to enable Firebug in the JavaFX based Web View - just run with -Dfirebug.lite=true as this video demonstrates.

and inspect the app's behavior somehow?
-jt

Anton Epple

Feb 27, 2017, 3:10:55 AM2/27/17
to Jaroslav Tulach, oscar.al...@gmail.com, DukeScript

Do you get any error messages if you start the app from commandline? Can you share the project & application with me (toni....@dukescript.com)? Then we can try and reproduce the problem.

Best Regards

Toni Epple

Von: <dukes...@googlegroups.com> im Auftrag von Jaroslav Tulach <jarosla...@gmail.com>
Datum: KW 9,Montag, 27. Februar 2017 um 07:30
An: <oscar.al...@gmail.com>
Cc: DukeScript <dukes...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: Custom binding. Aplication freezed

Interesting. I wouldn't expect any significant difference between "Run Project" and "Build Desktop App" + execute as "java -jar ...". When running in NetBeans the inspector is on, but it shouldn't influence the behavior of your application.

Hard to say what can be wrong. Maybe try to launch the firebug

> There is an easy way to enable Firebug in the JavaFX based Web View - just run with -Dfirebug.lite=true as this video demonstrates.

and inspect the app's behavior somehow?

-jt

I am looking for alternatives to develop an application. I found dukescript and it seems a really good alternative.

I've been playing dukescript for a few weeks. At this moment I have a couple of problems, I hope the community can give me lights to continue.

My application has multiple views and I'm using templates to navigate (https://dukescript.com/best/practices/2015/11/23/dynamic-templates.html). I have custom bindings to capture events (eg keypress).

Everything is fine while I run the application from netbeans. Navigation ok, custom binding ok.

But when creating the executable (Run Maven -> Build Desktop App) and running the application from the jar its behavior changes. Custom binding not work and after navigating a couple of times (forward and back) my application freezes.

It should be something in the configuration of my project but I do not know how to solve it.

Any ideas? Thank you all.

Oscar Almonacid M

Feb 27, 2017, 4:28:18 AM2/27/17
to Jaroslav Tulach, DukeScript
Hi Jaroslav,

Thank for reply. Voy a probar firebug.

Thanks

Oscar Almonacid M

Feb 27, 2017, 4:43:00 AM2/27/17
to Anton Epple, Jaroslav Tulach, DukeScript
Hi Anton,

Thanks for reply. No message is displayed in console.

Thanks.