Family History : FROM WHAT WE HEARD....OUR TALES

blackempressss

Jun 17, 2008, 3:25:48 AM6/17/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
From the tales I have heard we are related to Delaney's, Dehaney's
etc. It is said that three brothers came to Jamaica from Ireland one
settled in St. James, one in St. Thomas and the other unclear.
However, the side of the family from St. Thomas spelt their name
Dehaney and the ones in St. James DuHaney.

http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?Duhaney::jamaica::731.html

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:30:42 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:31:54 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Hello Suzette,

I am having a strange day!
This is the first anniversary of my Dads passing, his name was James
George Dehany, born in Liverpool 1938. My cat became a mother today
and then out of the blue, you leave a message on the ancestry board! I
think I need a lie down.
My relatives, with the spelling of Dehany married into the Hall family
that had a sugar plantation in Jamaica.
You may find all about that on the Hall family papers or the Hall
sugar plantation. Simply copy and paste that into your search bar and
it comes up.
I have found that all spellings that look or sound like Dehany,
moreover when spelled Duhaney, are likely to be connected in some way
to my family. Unfortunately, the Hall family had slaves on the
plantation as many did back then, and I have recently learned that
when the enslaved people were emancipated, they took their former
"masters" surname. I have also found that there is a holy man with the
name of Dehany that means a lot to Jamaica, he travelled with someone
called Linton. Buts that's not what you are looking for, you best bet
is to ask my cousin twice removed, Will Dehany. He is a noted and
exceptionally clever man who also happens to be lovely, and can tell
you far more about any possible connections than I can. At least, I
think its twice removed. My Great granddad and his Granddad were
brothers. I think.
Anyhoo, just as a catch up, I'm in Coventry, England and its bloomin'
freezing and now I've forgotten why I went on the Net in the first
place.
Oh! Wills Email address might be useful...Hang on a sec...: Thats
should help things along.

Bye for now,

Joy.

On Jun 19, 5:30 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1/mb.ashx
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1/mb.ashx
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1/m...
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2/mb....
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1...
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1...
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1...
>
> http://boards.ancestry.com/surnames.dehaney/1.2.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1.1...
>
> On Jun 17, 3:25 am, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > From the tales I have heard we are related to Delaney's, Dehaney's
> > etc. It is said that three brothers came to Jamaica from Ireland one
> > settled in St. James, one in St. Thomas and the other unclear.
> > However, the side of the family from St. Thomas spelt their name
> > Dehaney and the ones in St. James DuHaney.
>
> >http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?Duhaney::jamaica::...- Hide quoted text -

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:33:18 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
march 9, 2008

Dear Suzette,

Thanks much for your e-mail. There is so much twist to our name that
unravelling
it would take a very long time.

All the persons who could give us clear answers are no longer around.
My
father's birth certificate said he came from St. James. This document
was
only found some years ago (after my father's death). So most of what
I know
about him was gleaned from my half sister Evelyn.

She had more contact with Dad. My father left Jamaica for England in
1963
and died in Manchester England in 1970.

I know the Duhaney/Dehaney name comes from somewhere in Ireland.

I don't know where to start or if I really want to start this process.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards,
Jacqueline

On Jun 19, 5:31 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > >http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?Duhaney::jamaica::...Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:39:36 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected

This is taken from facebook from a family group there called Duhaney
Unite

David Duhaney wrote on May 22, 2007 at 7:56 AM.

Well to tell the truth heres what i know
Grandfather Justin Duhaney (Point Hill, Jamaica)
Father Johnathan Duhaney (Kingston, Jamaica and Bellas Gate)
Uncle Roger Duhaney (England, US, and was a professional basketbal
player)
But i pretty sure we are all correlated in some way the name is not
common in the world.

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:42:36 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Taken from our facebook group Duhaney Unite

Crystal Duhaney wrote on Jul 10, 2007 at 2:57 PM.

Hey guys, My Great Grandfather's name is Wilfred Duhaney was born
October 23, 1878 and died June 18, 1974 he married an irish woman
named Adina Watler. His sister's name was Amy Duhaney, and he had more
1900's. My great grandparents had 3 sons, Wilfred Jr.(my grandpa),
Roderick, and Ladner. All in Jamaica, I just don't know where, but my
dad was born in May Pen.

PS: Francis Ann Davidson is also the mother of Wilfred and Amy
Duhaney. Crystal dad is also Wilfred and he has a sister Helen. Helen
is now married and name (Harrison)

Inbox message from Crystal

Hi Suzette, I just found a picture of my great grandfather's
tombstone. He was born on Oct 23, 1878 and died June 18, 1974. Buried
in Four Paths United Church. Four Paths, Jamaica

Hey I just found out my great grandfathers mothers name was Frances
Ann Davidson, born probably in the early 1800's. All her kids are
Duhaneys. One of her kids might be your great grandparent.

Hi Suzette, Frances Ann Davidson is the mother of Wilfred Duhaney
(D.O.B Oct 23, 1878- D.June 1974) and Amy Duhaney, and probably had
more Duhaney children that I dont know the names of but I bet that is
the key to this mystery. If you can find out who her other children
were, then we can put the pieces together. She must have been born in
the mid 1800's.

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:46:25 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Taken from an email send by Jacqueline and Evelyn Duhaney. March 12,
2008

Well as far as I can tell from the information we have is that our
father Beresford Duhaney was born in St. James and his mother was
called Estriana Beckford. The dates I don't have at hand at the
moment. We have moved house and most of my paper work are still in
boxes.I will definitely visit the group and read the information. We
need to keep in touch with each other and as soon as I know more I
will let you know. I don't know when we will be in Jamaica again but
its definitely worth a try going to St James. Doors won't start
opening unless we knock on them There are a lot of Duhaney's around
and seeing that this is a very uncommon name, there must be some
connection somewhere, but its just to start unravelling the cord. You
never know we may solve this one sooner than we think. Until I hear
from you guys, this is me signing out. God bless you Jacqueline

Taken from facebook Duhaney's Unite group

Matthieu Duhaney (Jamaica) wrote on Oct 10, 2007 at 4:37 PM.

Well.. im still trying to figure out my heritage.. My grandfather's
name is Abraham Duhaney (Point Hill, St Catherine Jamaica) had
approximately 16 children.. My father's name is Maurice Duhaney...

On Jun 19, 5:42 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:48:20 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Clifton Duhaney from facebook

Interested in Duhaney family History and any information you might
store, my name is Clifton Duhaney living in Manchester, England it's
nice to know there are so many Duhaney's globally, i would imagine our
root is in Jamaica but it will be interesting to find out,you never
know we could be immediate relatives, my branch of the Duhaney family
comes from St Catherine, we originate from a district called Garden
Hill but most of our immediate Duhaney relatives at present are
residing in Point Hill. Be good to hear from you and where your branch
of the Duhaney family comes from. All the best Clifton Duhaney

On Jun 19, 5:46 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>
> > the mid 1800's.- Hide quoted text -

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:49:35 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Taken from facebook

Candice Hall-Duhaney

Today at 6:53am April 14, 2008

my dad is called michael duhaney
my grandmother is enid duhaney
my great grandfather is emanuel duhaney,
but they call him larvelle or lurpy
he was from saint catherine

On Jun 19, 5:48 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:52:10 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Phone Conversation

Isaac Duhaney
June 14 2008

Dad is Basil Duhaney
From Jamaica never met him

Isaac has 5 children to date and 4 grandchildren

On Jun 19, 5:49 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>

blackempressss

Jun 19, 2008, 5:53:31 PM6/19/08
to Duhaney-Reid Family Connected
Taken From Facebook

June 14th

This is what I just learned: My Dad's real name is Deroy(not just Roy
as I previously Thought) Duhaney, is dad's name is Admiral Duhaney(not
sure if the Admiral part is really is name, but thats what my dad told
me when I asked), he is from St.Catherine, is mother's name is
Linnette Small, she is from Clarendon. Deroy has a brother Ismael
Duhaney. Thats all I know about the family.

On Jun 19, 5:52 pm, blackempressss <duhaneyfamilyconnec...@gmail.com>