vim path question

Geoffrey Irving

May 5, 2011, 1:42:22 AM5/5/11
to Dylan Simon, duck...@googlegroups.com
With the switch to cabal, vim no longer understands how to open files
corresponding to error messages if my current directory is
~/duck/duck. Therefore, I need to open vim from ~/duck (the top level
directory) in order to get makeprg to work nicely. I naively expected
adding ~/duck to vim's path via

set path=,.,~/physbam,~/Try,~/otherlab/Pneumo,~/otherlab/otherfab,~/duck

would fix this, but it does not. Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks,
Geoffrey

Dylan Simon

May 5, 2011, 9:10:27 AM5/5/11
to duck...@googlegroups.com
From Geoffrey Irving <irv...@naml.us>, Wed, May 04, 2011 at 10:42:22PM -0700:

In fact, I do. I was annoyed by it too, but the answer just came to me, and
I've pushed it in now. This will require that you set vim's errorformat with
+= and not = so the default messages are still there too.