JavaScript course in Maynooth

Peter Munro

Jul 9, 2013, 8:02:06 AM7/9/13
to dubl...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm giving a 6-week course, JavaScript from the Ground Up, starting Monday evening (7pm-9pm) in Maynooth. Sorry it's not in Dublin! :)

The course starts at the beginning with syntax, literals, data types etc, and grows through objects, functions and arrays. Short talks introduce the concepts to people, and hands-on exercises help ground them and give people practice.

If you know anyone who might like to come along, please point them to http://petermunro.org/Courses/javascript-beginners.html.

Thanks!
Peter

Shane Carey

Jul 9, 2013, 8:52:26 AM7/9/13
to dubl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Im interested in doing this, but I am away for the next two months. Is there any chance it will be re-run in September? Also, will you be teaching about certain libraries and applications? For example d3.js and dc.js in particular. I would like to develop an application with these libraries.

Thanks

Peter

Shane

Peter Munro

Jul 11, 2013, 4:01:13 PM7/11/13
to dubl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shane,

Yes, I'll re-run the course. I'll be away for a couple of months too, so it'll likely be in October or November.

I do teach some libraries. It takes me time to develop courses, so for something like jQuery or MV* frameworks where there's more demand, it's easier to justify the time writing a course. I'm not sure about D3 though! I'm scared it'll just be a one-off.

Another option is to persuade someone to make it the subject of say a Meetup and give a talk. If you haven't found anyone after you come back, give me another shout and I'll think about it! :)

Cheers,
Peter