Merthyr to Mayo Solidarity Cycle: Irish Meeting March 19/20?

1 view

eoin lawless

Mar 6, 2010, 1:13:40 PM3/6/10

(For those who don't already know about the cycle see below and/or the website www.merthyrtomayo.org)

A few of the people who have been very involved in the planning of the cycle so far will be arriving in Dublin on Friday the 19th of march. This could be a very good opportunity to have a meeting(s) either in Dublin or Galway if there is enough interest for it? Anything which came of this meeting could then be fed back into the next organising meeting taking place on Sunday March 28th in Bristol, which people are also welcome to attend.

If you are interested in coming to a meeting in Dublin/Galway on the weekend of 19/20th please respond to smart...@gmail.com and tonadv...@googlemail.com asap.

If you are interested in getting involved please mail us at merthy...@aktivix.org.
You can visit the website for more information. www.merthyrtomayo.org

The Solidarity cycle, which will start in Merthyr, Wales on Friday May 21st and arrive in Rossport, Mayo on Friday June 4th for the start of the Rossport Solidarity Camp June gathering, is being organised by supporters of the campaign against open cast coal mining in Merthyr, the campaign against the corrib gas project in Mayo and the bicycology group in the UK. So far most of the organising is being done by the UK group, but it is hoped that a lot more people from Ireland will get involved in organising, supporting and taking part in the cycle.

It aims to link the two communities in their struggle for justice and safety from the corporations who seek to profit from the explotation of the natural resources in their area. It also hopes to link with other communities along it´s route and raise awareness of the issues effecting us all.

There will be a varity of events, screenings, workshops and talks taking place along the route.

The planned route so far includes: Merthyr, Cork/Macroon, Killarney, Tralee, Kilrush, Lahinch,Gort,Galway, Castlerea, Ballina, Glengad/Rossport.

If you are interested in getting involved please mail us at merthy...@aktivix.org or visit the website for more information. www.merthyrtomayo.org

Chris Costello

Mar 6, 2010, 1:25:10 PM3/6/10
to dublin-cri...@googlegroups.com
I feel spammed.

I don't know what this is to do with Critical Mass, and I've no interest in Rossport.

con...@riseup.net

Mar 6, 2010, 1:35:26 PM3/6/10
to dublin-cri...@googlegroups.com
Its about cycling, I suppose no relation to the critical mass.

Its sad people have no interest in Rossport. With some of that �420billion
euro worth of oil & gas - all of which is going to Shell - we could have
some pretty decent transportation infrastructure.