Critical stuff, join the annoucment list... also, any pics from Friday?

1 view

Conor. M

Nov 1, 2009, 3:11:34 PM11/1/09
to Dublin Critical Mass
Hi all,

just a quick reminder for anyone who doesnt wish to be involved in
intensive discussion or recieve lots of e-mails, there is an
announcment list. It has not been used much to date, but then, there
is only 2 people on it, so join up to it if you wish.
http://groups.google.com/group/dublin-critical-mass---anouncment-list?hl=en

The mass was DEADLY on Friday. Went home with a massive smile on my
face! The weather was crap but the spirit was fantastic, we were
definitly much louder, even though we only had half the numbers (I
think we can blame the heavy-ass rain).

We stopped at the ghost bike which was nice and there is another one
to be unveiled at the ha' penny bridge on Saturday 14th. If anyone
knows the exact time please mail it here. People are encouraged to
come along.

Another thing, I just want to echo what Mark said, we definitly should
not over-organise the mass, it is afterall, a DIY thing. I think
keeping everything very basic is coool.

The weather will be harsh (I suspect) at the end of this month, but Im
still gonna cycle and I think we should keep the same route, it was
perfect.

Oh yes, and can people send any pics they have!

See y'all,

Conor

(ps, sorry for going awal - it is becoming a very, very bad habit,
however, it is unavoidable, take my word...)

john power

Nov 1, 2009, 6:30:54 PM11/1/09
to dublin-cri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Conor,I have a couple of Photo's they did not turn out  great because of  the  Poor Flash on this Mobile Phone but however  I will send them and also  2 I took the  other Day of that  Ghost  Bike at Harolds x in the  Daytime. I got an E Mail from a Ben Ruddy asking  me  to Post  something on Boards .ie on a Post about  Critical Mass,so I joined it as Grey Biker and Commented about C Mass. You can look  it up if you wish and make  a comment too by joining it with an Alias.A few were a bit  upset they  did not Hear anything about  C Mass and did not know it was on. a few  were giving  out about it as well. There was a lot  of  Support by those who had  joined us and they said  they were going  on the next one to.

Amanda Webb

Nov 1, 2009, 6:34:19 PM11/1/09
to dublin-cri...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a link to the thread on boards? I'll pop in and join the conversttion too.

Also we have a flickr group. would be great if you could post the pics there too.

Ta

Amanda

john power

Nov 1, 2009, 6:57:21 PM11/1/09
to dublin-cri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Amanda .I dont know how to post a Link I am not that great at this Internet Stuff. However it is Critical Mass  or Critical Mess, Ben Ruddy is the  Name he uses Posted the Thread and contacted me and asked if  I wanted to Comment. You use an Alias and Pick a Password to Join the  Forum. I will post the  Pics on Flicker as well ,I did the same last time. I use the Name Norbert Malone  on Flicker. I am about to Post the Pics on the Critical Mass Google Group  Site.All the Best John P.

Lara

Nov 2, 2009, 12:35:42 PM11/2/09
to Dublin Critical Mass

Hi all, thanks for pics and comments. I thought October CM was
brilliant. Again the weather was on our side. The rain dried up bang
on 5:45 so we didn't have to wait in the dreepy dark, then it almost
felt balmy cycling up Leinster Road! I thought there was a lovely
atmosphere the whole cycle and it was pleasant to go for a steaming
mug of tea and debrief in Smock Alley Café though I'm not sure if
everyone knew about that. I put up a post on boards too.

john power

Nov 2, 2009, 4:14:38 PM11/2/09
to dublin-cri...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lara ,I came in from Kilester for Critical Mass,before  I left the House I decided to put  on Overtrousers but I was nor sure I did the  right thing. I stepped outside and it was beginning  to drip down. By the Time I was on the  Malahide Road it was Streaming down with Rain that was at  5.00pm. I was careful at Fairview Pk Cycleway  because of the Leaves. At Nth Strand Road a very dim figure came towards me  it was a Jogger,I could hardy see him with the  Rain. I recommend Lights for Joggers and Cyclists especially if you wear Specs I could hardly  see him. The  Critical Mass was Brilliant, I was asked to Comment on Boards .ie by Ben Ruddy which I did also Conor  and Hamper Lady  made cmments as well. Very Negative People on boards .ie. No matter what you said they were very Truculent some People were alright and  very Positive ,some said they would go on the next C.Mass.Looking forward to the next one on 27th of  November. John P.

Chris

Nov 4, 2009, 8:22:49 AM11/4/09
to Dublin Critical Mass
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055726205&page=5