using Open Office Calc instead of Excel

Ron King

Sep 21, 2012, 9:56:24 AM9/21/12
to DTRules
Hi All,

Can DTRules work with Open Office Calc files?

Regards,

Ron

paul snow

Sep 21, 2012, 11:26:13 AM9/21/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
DTRules uses the Windows 97 format (.doc) which can be editted using Open Office just fine.
--
Paul Snow
Fax:    (419) 831-9962

Ron King

Sep 21, 2012, 11:29:30 AM9/21/12
to DTRules
I'm confused, I thought the rules used .xls format files. Isn't that
what excel uses, xls format?

On Sep 21, 10:26 am, paul snow <snow.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> DTRules uses the Windows 97 format (.doc) which can be editted using Open
> Office just fine.

paul snow

Sep 21, 2012, 11:34:46 AM9/21/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
Grrrrr... Sorry, my brain wasn't in gear.  No you are absolutely correct.  You use .xls format.

I just got to thinking about using office, and .doc came out.

On my computers I usually use Libre Office, and I have also used KOffice (a linux based office suite).

The decision tables are very simple.  They don't use formulas or anything complex.  Basically anything that can read and write a .xls format file with multiple sheets will work just fine.

Sorry about the confusion.

Paul Snow