Is DTRules appropriate for working with financial applications?

Ron King

Sep 17, 2012, 9:26:45 PM9/17/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm interested in making an app for stock trading. Of course it would need the ability to iterate over
financial time series during development and testing, and when deployed it would need to work with
one 'time-step' of financial data at a time.

I have data that represents financial technical indicators like moving averages, dates, timestamps, etc.

Is DTRules capable of this type of usage?

Regards,

Ron

paul snow

Sep 18, 2012, 8:00:22 AM9/18/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com

Yes, we have written such applications.

Let me know if you would like help/training.

Paul

Ron King

Sep 18, 2012, 3:26:45 PM9/18/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
Is there an example somewhere?

paul snow

Sep 18, 2012, 3:34:17 PM9/18/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
I haven't published an example explicitly for the stock market.  The examples that have been published can be found here:

You can download the entire DTRules source base as a zip file, and the actual decision tables are Excel Spreadsheets.  That means you can easily look at them without doing any developer like things.  If you choose to use the Rules Engine, then you have to do some things like install Java if you don't have it, Install Eclipse if you want to use it, Install Maven, Install Git, etc.  All of this is documented, but if you want to take some short cuts, let me know and I will make it more simple for you to play with.

Paul
--
Paul Snow
Fax:    (419) 831-9962

Cary Harwin

Sep 19, 2012, 11:53:45 PM9/19/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
For generating your rules and finding any missing rules or redundancies, download  a free evaluation copy that is fully functional for 30 days of LogicGem, a decision table editor here:

cary

paul

Sep 20, 2012, 11:10:48 AM9/20/12
to dtr...@googlegroups.com
Cary,

SourcePulse is also developing Decision Table editing tools.  I looked at the video for Logicgem, and your product does have some very nice features.  However, it is unclear if you can write out tables edited in Logicgem to XML or Excel, which you would need to do to use your tool with DTRules.  If you are at all interested in adding such support, I can help you along.

Paul