Board game mini convention this Saturday in Mesa

Dexter345

Mar 31, 2011, 1:50:37 PM3/31/11
to DtoidP...@googlegroups.com
I learned about this a few weeks ago, but forgot about it until just now.  Anybody want to play board games on Saturday?

http://www.vul-con.com/

Meanderbot

Apr 1, 2011, 7:43:58 PM4/1/11
to DtoidPhoenix
I'd be interested, but I may or may not be doing something tomorrow.
I'll check back in when I find out.

Amanda Masdeu

Apr 1, 2011, 9:22:07 PM4/1/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com

Won't be back in town till Sunday morning.
Also, cute pandas at San Diego zoo:

2011-04-01_10-00-26_906.jpg

Meanderbot

Apr 2, 2011, 3:01:34 AM4/2/11
to DtoidPhoenix
I'm not going to be able to make it either. Sorry.

On Apr 1, 6:22 pm, Amanda Masdeu <mandapant...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Won't be back in town till Sunday morning.
> Also, cute pandas at San Diego zoo:
> On Apr 1, 2011 4:43 PM, "Meanderbot" <insignificantu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd be interested, but I may or may not be doing something tomorrow.
> > I'll check back in when I find out.
>
> > On Mar 31, 10:50 am, Dexter345 <dexter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I learned about this a few weeks ago, but forgot about it until just now.
> >> Anybody want to play board games on Saturday?
>
> >>http://www.vul-con.com/
>

>  2011-04-01_10-00-26_906.jpg
> 536KViewDownload

Dexter345

Apr 2, 2011, 3:18:24 AM4/2/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Well, the good news is that this is one of many mini conventions.  I guess they do a big one every year, but they wanted to get together with smaller things more often.  I'll try and keep abreast on the next one and we can have more of a warning than one day.

Dexter345

Apr 3, 2011, 11:29:04 PM4/3/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
It was fun!  Next one is on June 18th, I think.  Unfortunately, it is way up in northwest Phoenix.  One of the guys built a scale model of an old board game called Circus Maximus that ended up being twenty feet long.

I got a seven player game of Shadows Over Camelot going, and it was probably the best game of that I've played.  You guys gotta come to the next one!
Vul-Con Arena I 003.JPG