Anything going on in August?

Dexter345

Jul 25, 2011, 12:44:09 PM7/25/11
to DtoidP...@googlegroups.com
We're nearing the end of the month, so Jesse is pestering us to get our community stuff up for the front page post for August.  The housewarming party that was tentatively schedule for July 30th +/- 1 week will probably be pushed back to August 6th, so that's one thing.  Then there is PAX at the end of the month, that I know at least a couple of us are going to, so that's another, but is there anything in the middle that needs some front page love so more people join us?  Let me know here before I write up the blog post.

Otherwise, Jesse turned me on to an event in October called DEVASTATION, which is apparently a video game convention right here in Phoenix in October.  From their website (http://www.devastationevent.com/) it looks like the main focus is on gaming tournaments (which a huge chunk of those being fighting games), so I'm not really sure what will be there in terms of free play or preview stuff.  Still, something to look forward to, since we could attend without paying for flights or hotels.  Who knows, maybe we can convince some people from out of town to come visit us!

-Dexter345/Darren Nakamura-

Maeloch

Aug 3, 2011, 3:29:21 PM8/3/11
to DtoidPhoenix
I can offer my house for a place to get together, but all of my
weekends in August are currently booked. I can probably host
something in September.

Maeloch/Tom Mundar

Dexter345

Aug 5, 2011, 7:47:06 PM8/5/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, just an update, for those of you wondering what's up.  Unpacking is taking us much longer than we had anticipated, so we are going to push it back one more week.  We will DEFINITELY have people not tomorrow, but next Saturday, on the 13th of August.  Thanks for the call, Maeloch, to remind me to let you guys know what's up.

If you were to come over now, there would be boxes everywhere, and the last gen and retro systems wouldn't even be set up yet!  Unacceptable.

--
Darren Nakamura
Gamer / Writer / Podcaster / Scientist / Educator

Maeloch

Aug 6, 2011, 10:38:39 AM8/6/11
to DtoidPhoenix
I was calling to offer my house as an alternate location if you were
still unpacking. Unpacking and getting everything ready always takes
more time than you expect. It may be too late since it is the morning
of, but if everybody's ready, we can do it over here, and Dexter345
can take his time unpacking. My house has been ready for a party for
months, but my schedule has prevented it before now. For some reason,
I have this Saturday free. :) The only thing I'll have to do is get
my MAME cabinet set up today instead of putting it off for an
unspecified amount of time.

As mentioned earlier, all of my other Saturdays in August are booked
until PAX, so I can't make it next weekend I was hoping to meet some
of you before Seattle.

Tom Mundar
> *Darren Nakamura*

Lib Morgan

Aug 6, 2011, 10:43:42 AM8/6/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Darren/Dex is still asleep, but I bet he would love to meet some people today. I have a meeting for work today and don't know how long it will last, so I don't know if I'll be available, but maybe y'all can work out something when he wakes up!

Dexter345

Aug 6, 2011, 12:08:21 PM8/6/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
I'm down to go over to your place.  Anybody else want to get together to play some games tonight?
--
Darren Nakamura

Maeloch

Aug 6, 2011, 3:18:33 PM8/6/11
to DtoidPhoenix
Anyone who wants to come, my address is:

3095 N. 86th St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251

Sometimes, online maps put me house in the middle of the park I live
next to. I am on the SE corner of 86th St. and Earll. You will know
it is the right place because I have a dragon guarding my front door.

What time? Anytime after 6 pm?

Tom

On Aug 6, 9:08 am, Dexter345 <dexter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm down to go over to your place.  Anybody else want to get together to
> play some games tonight?
>

> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Lib Morgan <doctor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Darren/Dex is still asleep, but I bet he would love to meet some people
> > today. I have a meeting for work today and don't know how long it will last,
> > so I don't know if I'll be available, but maybe y'all can work out something
> > when he wakes up!

Dexter345

Aug 6, 2011, 3:34:51 PM8/6/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
After six sounds good.  I'll probably be bringing Meanderbot/Chad with me, although he hasn't sounded off here yet.
--
Darren Nakamura

Dexter345

Aug 6, 2011, 3:39:10 PM8/6/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Also, do you need us to bring anything?  Games, controllers, snacks?

Amanda Masdeu

Aug 6, 2011, 3:46:58 PM8/6/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
That's a bit out of the way for me. Hope you guys have fun!

Maeloch

Aug 6, 2011, 5:51:57 PM8/6/11
to DtoidPhoenix
The only thing I don't have is food. I'm not sure what else I would
need.

Tom

On Aug 6, 12:39 pm, Dexter345 <dexter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, do you need us to bring anything?  Games, controllers, snacks?
>

> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Dexter345 <dexter...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > After six sounds good.  I'll probably be bringing Meanderbot/Chad with me,
> > although he hasn't sounded off here yet.

Jonathan Joyce

Aug 7, 2011, 12:12:34 AM8/7/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
My phone has been a giant ass and I didn't get all of the emails in this thread until a few minutes ago. >:| My wife has our car and is out now so I can't make it. I was looking forward to hanging out with you guys and gaming it up. I guess PAX will suffice.

Dexter345

Aug 7, 2011, 2:33:11 AM8/7/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Or our place next weekend!  If not then, definitely at PAX.
--
Darren Nakamura

Lib Morgan

Aug 7, 2011, 1:40:12 PM8/7/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Maeloch for hosting us last night! Hope to see more people soon.

Dexter345

Aug 7, 2011, 1:42:52 PM8/7/11
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, it's always great meeting new people.  Especially thanks for showing us Dance Central.  Now we need to get a Kinect...