Meetup.com?

AuronX

Aug 12, 2012, 7:01:54 AM8/12/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Greetings and salutations, Dtoid Group! :D

I had attended a sizable LAN party two weeks ago, hosted by Intel.  Several attendees had brought to my attention their use of the website Meetup.com for their
fill of "social gaming".
Of the 50 gamers, only 2 were using Google Groups...

Google Groups has not garnered much popularity or additional members in the past year, so I was wondering if any would be opposed to establishing a Dtoid Group through Meetup.com?

The latter of which seems to offer a lot more versatility, a variety of tools, caters to a larger audience and offers the possibility of maximum exposure.

What do you all think?

Darren Nakamura

Aug 12, 2012, 12:21:44 PM8/12/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
You can try it.
--
Darren Nakamura
Gamer / Writer / Podcaster / Scientist / Educator

Metal Gear

Aug 12, 2012, 12:24:35 PM8/12/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your input, Mr. Nakamura. How about the other members?

...Not to go too much off on a tangent here but I was going to purpose
a NARP at Howies... except... I believe they're still in the smaller
sized building D:
--
Germain Zepeda