NARP @ Howies!

AuronX

Apr 1, 2012, 9:12:30 PM4/1/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Greetings and salutations! :D

Brethren! Colleagues! Gamers...

I understand that many have been busy with their lives, be it with kids, work or school but the Phoenix Dtoid group has been silent for much too long!
With that said, I would like to host a NARP event at Howies, on April 28th (Saturday)

Admission will be paid for, which lasts for 24 hours. The event itself starts at Noon and continues well into the night/morning.  Simply bring yourselves and have a good time :D

I would greatly appreciate receiving a reply or shoot me a text message if you are planning on participating.  (Reply to this thread or shoot me a text message at 623-628-7339)
That way I can establish a good head count :o

Darren Nakamura

Apr 2, 2012, 1:03:02 AM4/2/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
I'm in.  Also, you really don't need to cover admission for these things.  People will come regardless!

I will probably go and play Team Fortress 2 for like four hours straight.  Or perhaps twenty four hours straight.
--
Darren Nakamura
Gamer / Writer / Podcaster / Scientist / Educator

Jonathan Joyce

Apr 2, 2012, 1:06:24 AM4/2/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com

I'm in. Don't pay for me, I got it bud. I'll maybe bring my friend Tony again.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:12 PM, AuronX <solids...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings and salutatio...

Darren Nakamura

Apr 2, 2012, 1:09:12 AM4/2/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
If enough of us DtoidPhoenix people are interested in Team Fortress 2 specifically, I can get a message to Andy Dixon so he puts up a front page post, so that there are actually people in the Destructoid server to play against.  If it's just me, then nevermind.

Metal Gear

Apr 2, 2012, 1:38:48 AM4/2/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
In the grand scheme of things, a few bucks to bring together people is
well worth it in my mind--but if the general consensus is against it,
then so be it.
Please bring yourselves and any interested person(s)!

My brother and I will definitely hit up the Team Fortress 2 with you
Darren, for a few hours at least :D
I hope many more show up! :o

--
Germain Zepeda

Darren Nakamura

Apr 22, 2012, 1:34:45 PM4/22/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, potentially bad news on this.  Howie's Game Shack is currently closed for relocation (not far from where they were; it's still in the Mesa Riverview), and while their website says that they intend to reopen "in April," it doesn't get any more specific than that.  Not sure if they will be back by this Saturday.  Germain, do you think you can call them to see if they have a better estimate?

Jonathan Joyce

Apr 22, 2012, 5:17:01 PM4/22/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com

Yeah. I work a few miles from there and did notice. They really fail at communication on their forums too.

AuronX

Apr 23, 2012, 2:32:43 PM4/23/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Hello Dtoid Group!

I called the number listed on their website (which promptly directs you to a general voicemail) and left two messages...
As of this time, I have -not- received a reply.  As you gentleman have indicated, no other available information has been posted besides the vague "open in April" announcement.
Given that the 28th of April is so near the end of the month, you would assume that it would be open by then......

:(

Would you all mind if we altered the date for May 12th instead?

P.S.  (And totally off topic) Damn it!!! :( Bnet -already- closed the open beta for Diablo 3! For those that gained entry to the closed beta... I hope you continue enjoying the game! : )

Jonathan Joyce

Apr 23, 2012, 2:35:40 PM4/23/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com

Open demo, more like.

Darren Nakamura

Apr 23, 2012, 2:41:27 PM4/23/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Well, I'd rather do April 28th if they end up being open, but if they don't then we don't really have that as an option.

AuronX

Apr 23, 2012, 4:29:55 PM4/23/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
@Dexter I hope we can host it on April 28th as well... we will just have to see, hopefully relatively soon.

@Jonny Ha! Exactly right!  I was hoping to finish all the Beta achievements on my days off :*(  For those that play D3, perhaps we can play together ever so often once it is released :D

Darren Nakamura

May 7, 2012, 1:10:53 AM5/7/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Apparently, Howie's is back open now.  Are we all on for next Saturday?

Metal Gear

May 7, 2012, 6:54:52 AM5/7/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
Took them long enough....

I know I'm .... GAME ... eh? EH?! ..Yeah, that was bad. My brother
and I will be making an appearance, so hopefully others will as well!
--
Germain Zepeda

Meanderbot

May 8, 2012, 1:49:55 AM5/8/12
to DtoidPhoenix
I'll be there!

AuronX

May 11, 2012, 10:40:54 PM5/11/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
This is going to be a fantastic week!

For starters, Howies is tomorow! :O Yay!

Followed by Guild Wars 2 Beta opening up for 7 or so hours this Monday.
Then... last but certainly not least... Diablo 3 in 4 days! *foams at the mouth*  Midnight Gamestop release!

I feel so nerdy.  It took 12 years to release Diablo 3.  Dayum.

Meanderbot

May 12, 2012, 2:07:59 AM5/12/12
to DtoidPhoenix
And Max Payne 3!

Darren Nakamura

May 12, 2012, 2:43:39 AM5/12/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com
What time are we meeting up at Howie's tomorrow?  Like around noon?  I may be there early.

Metal Gear

May 12, 2012, 2:45:16 AM5/12/12
to dtoidp...@googlegroups.com

I have a class early in the morning... so my brother and I will be there around 12-1 p.m.