DTOceanPlus

Alexey PETROV

Nov 20, 2018, 10:30:18 AM11/20/18
to DTOcean
As you might know DTOceanPlus project is started.

Should DTOceanPlus project continue to use the same organisation on GitHub (https://github.com/DTOcean) or you would prefer a new organization be created?

If you prefer continuation, will be it possible to add new collaborators into this project? Are you going to continue to manage this GitHub organisation?

Mathew Topper

Nov 28, 2018, 8:49:26 AM11/28/18
to DTOcean
Dear Alexey,

My name is Dr. Mathew Topper and I am the lead developer of the first generation DTOcean tool. I actually set up the Github organisation after completion of the original project when the code was released on SETIS. Therefore, the repositories are not owned by the EU DTOcean project.

As I am also still developing the original code as part of my new consultancy business and because (as I am led to believe) DTOcean+ will differ significantly from DTOcean, I would prefer if you used a new organisation. Also, I am not involved in the DTOcean+ project, so I'm afraid I can not afford to help manage the new code or provide you with much advice about the existing code, at this time.

I have archived copies of the private bitbucket repositories we used when developing the code, which I am happy to transfer to you if that would be of any help. If you wish to take up that offer, or discuss contracting my services, please do send me a private message (using the reply privately to author action).

Best wishes and good luck with the project,

Mat