DTOcean Version 2.0.0

Mathew Topper

Mar 14, 2019, 8:59:15 AM3/14/19
to DTOcean
Hello all,

After 2 and a bit years, I am pleased to announce the release of version 2.0.0 of DTOcean. Please go to the dtocean Gtihub repository to download the new installer. The new release fixes many of the bugs encountered with version 1, and is much more stable and usable than before.

New versions of the DTOcean database and offline documentation can also be downloaded from the dtocean-database and dtocean.github.io repositories.

The documentation is also available online for the first time at dtocean.github.io. With help from Sandia National Labs it is being rewritten to focus more on the software, rather than on the goals of the original DTOcean project. It's still an ongoing task, so you may wish to refer to version 1.0.0 of the docs (which can be accessed from the bottom left hand corner of the site)  for additional info. Do keep checking for updates as more work is planned.

I would be very grateful if you would visit my company website at www.dataonlygreater.com. You can find out more about the services I can provide, and there will also be links to new video tutorials about DTOcean added in the near future. Keep checking for updates.

Also, do check out the new EU DTOceanPlus project, which is aiming to further improve and bring new features to the DTOcean tools.

Finally, thank you for your support and your patience over all this time. I hope you find the new release useful and please do consider contributing through Github.

Many thanks,

Mat

Nicolas Sockeel

Aug 4, 2021, 10:30:08 AM8/4/21
to DTOcean
Hello Mathew Topper,

When I try to launch the DTocean app through the shortcut, the pythonw.exe disappeared and the app does not launch. I have tried couple of time and I have the same results.
Do you have an idea of what is going wrong?

Regards,

Nicolas

Mathew Topper

Aug 5, 2021, 6:48:54 AM8/5/21
to DTOcean
Hello Nicolas,

Can you provide some more details please? What operating system are you using? Which version did you install? Which options did you use to install it and which shortcut did you use?

If you open a CMD window and cd into the DTOcean installation directory, what happens when you run this command?

.\python.exe .\Scripts\dtocean-app-script.py --debug

Best,

Mat