ILV 18xx event concurrent with DiploNam - Namur, Belgium, 4-6 May 2013

David Hecht

May 7, 2013, 7:44:33 AM5/7/13
to 18...@yahoogroups.com, dtg-proto
This weekend I flew to Belgium to play 18xx at a small 18xx event that
was held concurrently with a larger Diplo event and some other gaming (I
saw a roomful of X-Wing guys, and there were some Eurogames besides).

There were about seven players total, including myself, three Brits, and
the remainder Belgians. We played two games of 18PA to the current
rules: one five-player on Friday night and one three-player on Sunday. I
was pleased with the results and--for the first time in a while--won't
be changing anything from one playtest to the next.

I also played in a four-player 18Ardennes in which I came last, and a
five-player 18EU which I won. There was also an 1846 and an 18EA/1862
(Mike Hutton's forthcoming game) played in which I did not participate,
but which seem to have gone very well also.

Everyone had a fantastic time, and we are all very grateful to the
organizer, Jean Michalski, for all his efforts, including ferrying me
from the hotel to the con space and back again. Bravo Jean, and
hopefully we'll meet again for a repeat without waiting another 25
years! :-)