The Team won the dancemouse trophy in Berlin

Marion Reuter

Jun 4, 2007, 11:49:32 AM6/4/07
to Dancing Students of University of Tartu
With 7 participants we went to the ETDS in Berlin on whitsun 2007 and
we were very successfull and had a lot of fun from friday to monday.
Besides the competition for couples there is always also the team
match and the best team wins the trophy: Der Tanzmaus/The dance mouse.
Our team merged for this match together with Regensburg, Karlsruhe and
Zürich and formed "The Fantastic Four". And from 19 teams we were the
best and won the team match with 5,6 points distance to Berlin. The
trophy first flow with me to Tartu and will travel further to the
other universities of the team until we have to defend the mouse in
October in Dortmund/Germany (05.-08.10.07). But now from the
beginning.

On friday the 25th we went by bus to Tallinn, with easyjet to Berlin
Schönefeld and there with Tram to the Velodrom, where the tournament
actually took place. The sleeping hall was close by in a school.
Luckily we arrived before the big thunderstorm and staid dry.

At the blind date party in the evening Kaia found two partners for the
two tournaments, Olaf (Dortmund) for ballroom on saturday and Martin
(Karlsruhe) for the latin section ond sunday. Uli and me also found
partners for the open ballroom tournament. This tournament ist for all
dancers who have danced regular tournaments before. And we all danced
the whole evening. The last went at 5am to bed and the tournament
started at 9am saturday morning with ballroom. Now we had 3 couples
for Tartu in the tournament and Uli was judging today one part of it.
Until noon all 166 dance couples from 31 Universities went through the
qualification round to be divided into 3 groups for the following
tournaments. Gunnar and Irina danced through the Amateur class up to
the quater final (16th-17th). That´s a fantastic performance because
both started dancing 2,5 month ago. Congratulation!!! They got better
and better from round to round.
Lembit with Lilja reaches in the highest group (masters) the 10th to
12th place. Wow, congratulation to you, too.
And Kaia reached with her partner the quaterfinal with the 18th to
20th place. Thats great for blind date and really really remarkeble.
The theme party, this time "bad taste", in the evening was great. All
these horrible cloth and these old old party songs. Lembit, where did
you found these flashy hat? This was also a night with less sleep and
lots of dancing

On sunday I was judging most of the time and Uli and me danced one
round in the open standard with our blind date partners and than
continued supporting our team. Gunnar and Irina reached the 29th to
30th place in the amateur group and the others came to the masters
class, so the division after the qualification round latin was the
same like saturday. Lilja and Lembit got to the quater final and
reached the 14th to 15th place and Kaia danced with Martin up to the
semifinal. And you reached the 10th to 11th place from 153 couples,
hats off!! And it was Martins first Paso doble ever.

After the ball at sunday evening and at least a little sleep we left
the tournament hall on monday morning and had a little sightseeing
before going back to Tartu. It was a fantastic weekend with the
"Dancing Students of University of Tartu" team.

The next ETDS will be held in Dortmund (05. - 08.10.07) and we will go
there to defend the dance mouse. New participants are wellcome. Just
contact me via the blog.

See you on the dancefloor in September

Marion