US address resolution error

Huey Brantley

Jul 8, 2015, 12:32:51 PM7/8/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
When resolving address, I'm getting incorrect results if the zip code is missing. For instance

2619 NW 55TH BLVD,GAINESVILLE,FL,

gives me back

"2619 NW 55TH BLVD,GAINESVILLE,FL," - 2701 Fly Rd, Santa Fe, TN, United States at 35.735858,-87.128253

in the state of TN?

It appears DSTK uses OpenStreetMap data for address resolution. I run this same lookup on OpenStreetMap and it resolves correctly. Do I need to update my OSM data?

David Todd

Feb 11, 2016, 10:17:52 AM2/11/16
to dstk-users
So the issue isn't really the geocoder, although it's something that might be nice if the geocoder did handle better.

Your address:  "2619 NW 55TH BLVD,GAINESVILLE,FL," has an extra comma at the end.  It does indeed give the wrong address and lat/lng, which is kind of weird.  If you try the address without the extra comma like this:  "2619 NW 55TH BLVD,GAINESVILLE,FL" you get back the expected output:

"2619 NW 55TH BLVD,GAINESVILLE,FL" - 2619 NW 55 Blvd, Gainesville, FL, United States at 29.705313,-82.36112