Anybody running a DSTK VM on an Ubuntu host machine?

Patrick

Jan 21, 2015, 11:43:24 AM1/21/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
As I've said before, thanks for this great tool. It's really marvelous.

Now here's my quandry: I'm trying to make my workflow as easy-to-replicate as possible, which for my group means setting up a host machine with a fresh copy of Ubuntu 14 (LTS) set up to dual-boot with Windows, then running a VM on top of that Ubuntu host.

The problem is that when I try to do my "Vagrant up" I get a VERR_DISK_FULL error. That would be a straightforward fix, except that I already appear to be mounting my home folder on a partition with 47G already free.

Running df -h shows this:

/dev/sda5 77G 27G 47G 36% /
none 4.0K 0 4.0K 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
udev 973M 12K 973M 1% /dev
tmpfs 197M 1.1M 196M 1% /run
none 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
none 983M 84K 982M 1% /run/shm
none 100M 56K 100M 1% /run/user
/dev/sda1 69G 28G 42G 41% /media/my-fresh-ubuntu/Default

Has anyone else run into problems of this sort when hosting DSTK on Ubuntu or other Linux hosts? If so, was there a simple solution? With 47G, I should easily be able to host the DSTK image, so I'm sure I'm just missing something really basic.

Huey Brantley

Jul 8, 2015, 12:38:38 PM7/8/15
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
Just browsing old topics and I see no one has replied. I am running DSTK in a VirtualBox VM and have no problems what so ever.

Wesley Elsberry

Sep 21, 2015, 2:47:41 PM9/21/15
to dstk-users
I've found I need about 120 GB free on the filesystem where I launch the DSTK image. You can monitor disk usage during the load process to verify the amount used on your system.

David Todd

Feb 11, 2016, 10:21:28 AM2/11/16
to dstk-users
Agree with previous responses.  The first time I tried running the VM on OSX/VMWare on a disk with 100GB free, it filled the disk up and crashed out.