Geocoding changes City and State

Wayne Seguin

Sep 17, 2014, 4:27:26 PM9/17/14
to dstk-...@googlegroups.com
The address I'm trying to Geocode is: 120 REBECCA, CHAPARRAL, NM 88081

I get back: 120 Rebecca Dr, El Paso, TX

What's worse is when I put 120 Rebecca Dr, El Paso, TX into Google, it returns 120 REBECCA, CHAPARRAL, NM 88081.

What the Sam Hill is going on here?

Whatever it is, I think if provided with a valid city, state and zip, the api shouldn't return some entirely different city and state, period.

Thanks

Wayne

David Todd

Feb 11, 2016, 11:05:32 AM2/11/16
to dstk-users
While I agree with the premise that it shouldn't return an entirely different city/state, it looks like in this case, Chaparral, NM is right on the state line.  So while it appears to be completely off, El Paso, TX is actually just the next town over.  The coordinates returned by DSTK are actually on the correct block and not in TX...