Ir al primer mensaje no leído

Sebastian Munz

no leída,
26 feb 2012, 7:51:07 a.m.26/2/2012
para DS...@listserv.uga.edu
Dear all,

I want to use hourly measured weather data in DSSAT.

How can I import hourly values into WeatherMan?

Thanks a lot in advance,

best regards,

Sebastian

Dipl.-agr.biol. Sebastian Munz
Institut f�r Kulturpflanzenwissenschaften
Fachgebiet Allgemeiner Pflanzenbau (340a)
Universit�t Hohenheim
Fruwirthstr.23
70599 Stuttgart
Tel.: 0711-45922359

M.Sc. Sebastian Munz
University of Hohenheim
Institute of Crop Science
Fruwirthst.23
D-70599 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49-711-45922359

Robin Matthews

no leída,
26 feb 2012, 7:51:29 a.m.26/2/2012
para DS...@listserv.uga.edu
I am at a project workshop in Uganda from Feb 24-29, with intermittant access to email.

If it is urgent please contact:
Elsa Brown (elsa....@hutton.ac.uk) for general enquiries
Madhu Subedi (madhu....@hutton.ac.uk) regarding REDD-ALERT issues

Otherwise I will be back in the office on Mar 1, and will attend to your email as soon as I can after that.

This email is from The James Hutton Institute (JHI), however the views
expressed by the sender are not necessarily the views of JHI and its
subsidiaries. This email and any attachments are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom they are addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or rely on
any information contained in this email, and we would ask you to contact the
sender immediately and delete the email from your system. Although JHI has
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
neither the Institute nor the sender accepts any responsibility for any
viruses, and it is your responsibility to scan the email and any attachments.

The James Hutton Institute is a Scottish charitable company limited by
guarantee.
Registered in Edinburgh No. SC374831
Registered Office: The James Hutton Institute, Invergowrie Dundee DD2 5DA.
Charity No. SC041796

Bussel, Lenny van

no leída,
26 feb 2012, 8:05:42 a.m.26/2/2012
para DS...@listserv.uga.edu
Dear Sir, Madam,

Thanks for your email. I am out of office till the 5th of March. I will respond to your email as soon as I am back.

Kind regards, Lenny van Bussel

Boote,Kenneth J

no leída,
26 feb 2012, 6:28:15 p.m.26/2/2012
para DS...@listserv.uga.edu
All,

Sorry, but neither the DSSAT WEATHERMAN, nor the individual crop models have a way to "input" hourly weather data. You certainly cannot import hourly values into WeatherMan.

The CERES models do not use hourly values at all. The CROPGRO model internally computes hourly values, but that is based on input of daily Tmax, daily Tmin, and daily solar radiation integral.

If you are highly expert in coding, you are welcome to contribute this "hourly input in WeatherMan", to the DSSAT group, so that we could use it too. CROPGRO could use hourly input, but would require significant coding to "input" that, rather than to use the internal conversion from daily Class A weather inputs.

For now, you should only input daily values.

Ken Boote