REGISTER NOW -- AgMIP Conference on ‘Making Climate-Smart Agriculture Work’

Erik Mencos Contreras

Apr 19, 2022, 3:02:02 PM4/19/22
to DS...@listserv.uga.edu
AgMIP Transparent Logo Full_MD.png

AgMIP Conference - Making Climate-Smart Agriculture Work

May 24-26, 2022 | Online

REGISTER HERE

With support from NIFA, AgMIP is convening an online conference to explore how science, data and modeling can support climate-smart agricultural practices and the development of climate-smart commodities. Conference speakers and participants will highlight emerging USDA programs addressing climate change and agriculture, listen to stakeholder farmers and environmentalists, and consider the current state of science regarding soil carbon sequestration and greenhouse gas emissions and how they relate to agricultural practices.

The conference will provide a “deep dive” into how combining models at farm and regional scales can improve our predictive abilities, extend available climate and crop data, and create tools to thoughtfully explore “what if” land management scenarios.

The conference will also consider how we can develop climate-smart agricultural practices that are sustainable and economically viable, examine how emerging data technologies can be integrated into foundation models and decision-making frameworks, and to explore how we can build new collaborations and partnerships to support climate-smart agricultural practices.

For more information and to register please visit the AgMIP website:  https://agmip.org/making-climate-smart-agriculture-work/

--
Erik Mencos Contreras (he/him)  |  Senior Research Associate

Project Manager, AgMIP

Center for Climate Systems Research @ NASA GISS

Earth Institute, Columbia Climate School

2880 Broadway, New York, NY 10025

Office: +1 212-678-5559

E-mail: erik....@columbia.edu