convert csv to dspl

robb...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2018, 1:49:44 PM3/9/18
to DSPL Discussion Forum
I am new to Data Explorer and have no background in computer programing.  However, I would like to be able to use data explorer to track value added and cohort to cohort growth for my school (I am a teacher).  I have loads of data in csv files.  Do I need a PhD in computer science to convert these files to dspl or is it something a layperson can accomplish?  Thank you....

Robb

Omar Benjelloun

Mar 9, 2018, 2:12:26 PM3/9/18
to dspl-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robb,

Hopefully it's the latter... You can take a look at this tool to help you get started with creating DSPL metadata from your CSV files:

If your CSV files are not in the right layout, there are a number of data transformation tools that could be useful (Kettle, Talend, OpenRefine, Trifacta Wrangler, etc.)

Hope this helps,
-Omar

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 1:49 PM <robb...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am new to Data Explorer and have no background in computer programing.  However, I would like to be able to use data explorer to track value added and cohort to cohort growth for my school (I am a teacher).  I have loads of data in csv files.  Do I need a PhD in computer science to convert these files to dspl or is it something a layperson can accomplish?  Thank you....

Robb

andre...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2018, 3:14:41 PM3/9/18
to DSPL Discussion Forum
Yea Omar, I  found out about that tool yesterday, works great and solved my earlier issues!  Thanks for your help earlier