Version 0.7.9

Davide Cittaro

Feb 14, 2011, 9:55:48 AM2/14/11
to dspchi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
This weekend I had some time to thing about bigwig output. As you may know, dspchip doesn't have a native bigwig handler so it wraps some UCSC binaries (wigToBigWig). bigWig is not appendable (or, at least, wigToBigWig can't append data to an existing bigWig file) so for every chromosome I had to:

convert chr(N -1).bigwig to bedgraph
append new data
convert everything into chrN.bigwig.

This is a waste of time...
For this reason the main change in v0.7.9 is simply a final step to convert bedgraph to bigwig...
Also, I've been trying to improve bedgraph writing time... unfortunately if you specify a stepsize = 10, it will take up to 10 minutes for longer chromosomes (i.e. human chr1) when most values are not zero (those are skipped).

/*
Davide Cittaro, PhD

Cogentech - Consortium for Genomic Technologies
via adamello, 16
20139 Milano
Italy

*/

Davide Cittaro

Feb 14, 2011, 12:13:00 PM2/14/11
to dspchi...@googlegroups.com
I've realized there was a bug that prevented a correct bedgraph -> bigwig conversion... If you ever downloaded v0.7.9 download it again, or update your svn repository...