version 0.8.5

Davide Cittaro

May 7, 2011, 3:24:49 AM5/7/11
to dspchi...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
I've recently uploaded version 0.8.5 of dspchip. I've introduced the possibility to perform local and global thresholding. Global thresholding is the default, a threshold is calculated (with Otsu's method or estimating the MAD) using all the chromosome data. If local thresholding is specified, thresholds will be calculated on chromosome chunks and a 3rd order spline will be used to interpolate a threshold for each point along the chromosome. To use this feature, just add 'local' keyword to threshold definition, separating it with a comma (i.e. '--threshold=local,otsu')
Besides, I've completely removed some leftovers (baselines, FFT).
Spoiler alert:
Next step will be the introduction of Wiener filtering to reconstruct degraded data.

---
Davide Cittaro
daweo...@gmail.com
http://sites.google.com/site/davidecittaro/