webui.browse.link direct to "single" type search page

Arta Seyedian

Jul 2, 2024, 9:30:38 AMJul 2
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello all,

I am trying to "define" these `webui.browse.link`s such that when you click on them, they immediately take you to what the documentation calls the "single" type search page:
```
webui.browse.link.2 = subject:dc.subject.*
webui.browse.link.3 = type:dc.type
webui.browse.link.4 = subject:dc.contributor.*
```

> If it is a "single" type, it will link to a view of all the items which share that metadata element in common (i.e. all the papers by a single author).

Right now, clicking on the "type" button in simple item view takes me to the "startsWith" browse page"

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.29.14 AM.png

https://172.22.32.9/browse/type?startsWith=Code%20Sets

Specifically, I want to make `webui.browse.link.3` go to to the "view of all the items which share that metadata element in common" page:

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 9.29.31 AM.png

how do I enable this?

DSpace Technical Support

Jul 10, 2024, 6:17:05 PM (11 days ago) Jul 10
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

This behavior you describe is a known bug : https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/2948

There's some early work on a few possible fixes, but none are accepted / fully tested yet.

So, overall, we don't yet have an exact solution yet, but several people are working on it.
Tim