Missing button on submitting an item to a collection

hb wooley

Jun 12, 2024, 8:27:00 AMJun 12
to DSpace Technical Support
1 - In the new DSpace 7 UI there is not a button "Submit to this Collection" on the collection home page like in DSpace 6. How would I add a button to the DSpace 7 collection home page like the button on the collection home page in DSpace 6?
Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.08.55 AM.png

2 - In the admin side menu on DSpace 7 UI, when submitting a new item, a popup menu appears "New Item ==> Create a new item in". The problem I'm having is the parent community and collection name are not displayed ,which causes a problem, because I do not know where the item is being submitted too.
Example: My communities, collections, etc... look like this:
  • ORG_1
    • LAB_1
      • Publication
        • Technical Report
        • Special Report
        • Technical Note
        • Miscellaneous Paper
    • LAB_2
      • Publication
        • Technical Report
        • Special Report
        • Technical Note
        • Miscellaneous Paper
  • ORG_2
    • LAB_1
      • Publication
        • Technical Report
        • Special Report
        • Technical Note
        • Miscellaneous Paper
    • LAB_2
      • Publication
        • Technical Report
        • Special Report
        • Technical Note
        • Miscellaneous Paper

 The drop down displays only : Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 10.06.32 AM.png
I would like for the dropdown to contain the full path of the parent child relationship.
Example:
1 - ORG_1 - LAB_1 -Publication - Technical Report
2 - ORG_2 - LAB_1 -Publication - Special Report

How would I modify the Angular code to show the full breadcrumb path?Any help would be appreciated.

hb wooley

DSpace Technical Support

Jun 12, 2024, 11:38:43 AMJun 12
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

This issue is noted in a ticket at https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/2556

As I've also noted in that ticket, there is a way to achieve the same behavior from DSpace 7 (to submit to the current collection).  But, the process is not as user friendly as a button.  See this comment: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/2556#issuecomment-2163345393

This ticket/task is still waiting on a volunteer developer.  I'd also like to see this improvement as it will improve usability.  But, DSpace is built/maintained by volunteers & has no centralized developer team.  Therefore, I'm still waiting to find a volunteer for this task.

Tim

hb wooley

Jun 12, 2024, 12:05:02 PMJun 12
to DSpace Technical Support
Tim,
I've tested the method you noted and it worked as described. Thank you for this information!
BW