URI Permanent link

Nicolas Battaglia

Jul 7, 2021, 3:28:08 PM7/7/21
to DSpace Technical Support
I installed dspace 7 over windows server with apache reverse proxy and ssl.

At first glance it seems to work fine, but I see that the permanent uri are generated with localhost: 8080 instead of the url defined in the dspace.server.url parameter. It may be because of the reverse proxy but I can't find the solution.

I followed the steps in detail and read the documentation but I can't find the solution. Any ideas?

thanks in advance
image.png

Tim Donohue

Jul 12, 2021, 12:31:58 PM7/12/21
to Nicolas Battaglia, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Nicolas,

Similar to DSpace 6 (and below), in DSpace 7 the "permanent URI" is built based on the "handle.canonical.prefix" setting in your configuration: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/main/dspace/config/dspace.cfg#L252 and stored in the "dc.identifier.uri" field for each object (Community/Collection/Item). By default, it's based on the setting of "dspace.ui.url".

Tim