Item URL in DSpace 7.5

Andrew K

Mar 18, 2023, 1:00:34 PM3/18/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello!

I just updated our DSpace 5.4 to 7.5 following the wiki.
In the new version item URL in browser looks like website/items/e3fa1110-74f4-4f02-87d6-39f60763fe11
While in the old version we had website/jspui/handle/123456789/12345

Is there any way to switch back to handle-type URLs?

Thanks,
Andrew

Tim Donohue

Mar 21, 2023, 3:53:55 PM3/21/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Andrew,

DSpace 7 UI's URLs are not customizable.  However, all old-style 6.x Handles should redirect automatically in DSpace 7 to the new URL.  So, an old style URL like [dspace.ui.url]/handle/[prefix]/[suffix] should automatically redirect to a new style URL like [dspace.ui.url]/items/[uuid].

In other words, while DSpace's new URL structure cannot be customized, all old URLs will still work to provide backwards compatibility with 5.x/6.x.

Tim

Andrew

Mar 21, 2023, 4:03:34 PM3/21/23
to Tim Donohue, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Tim,

Thank you!
DSpace has excellent support.

Best regards,