Using REST API to map items to collections

cpgr...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2024, 9:25:21 AM (23 hours ago) Jul 3
to DSpace Technical Support
I am looking for a way to map items to collections in a python script.

I had such a script that worked for us in dspace 5 by talking to the database, but it doesn't completely work in dspace 7.6. The new mapping shows in the item record but isn't listed in the collection in the interface. Oddly it is listed if I go to edit the collection. It is already available in the tab for mapping items.

Barring getting my script working, it might be possible to have the staff that control the workflow for new theses do the mapping. Can they be given privileges to do the remapping without being admins for the whole of dspace? Originally our instance was only for theses but now it is our repository for the whole institution.