Issues with classloader for additions-7.2.1.jar in DSpace 7.2.1

Agustina Martinez

May 12, 2022, 11:43:41 AM5/12/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi all,

I'm experiencing a weird issue in local environment which is running DSpace 7.2.1 with the order of customised classes being loaded.

I have some customised classes in the additions module, e.g. DOIIdentifierProvider.java which also require some modifications to the spring beans configuration.

When I try to run any dspace commands via the dspace utility I get errors that indicate that the dspace classes are being loaded instead of the ones I have in the additions module. This is also confirmed by the fact that if I add this to the dspace script:

 Get the JARs in $DSPACEDIR/jsp/WEB-INF/lib, separated by ':'
JARS="$DSPACEDIR/lib/additions-7.2.1.jar:$DSPACEDIR/lib/*"

Things work as expected. Moreover, when I deploy in our of our test environments (based on Ubuntu 20.04) I am able to run the dspace script without any issues.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Is there any way to ensure that additions classes are always loaded first?

Best,
Agustina

Agustina Martinez

Jun 29, 2022, 10:15:15 AM6/29/22
to DSpace Technical Support
I can confirm that I am also getting this issue in our test servers when upgrading to dspace-7.3. For the dspace command line tools to work and make use of our customisations I need to modify the following line in the dspace script:

# Get the JARs in $DSPACEDIR/jsp/WEB-INF/lib, separated by ':'

JARS="$DSPACEDIR/lib/additions-7.3.jar:$DSPACEDIR/lib/*"

Anyone else is experiencing this issue?

Best,

Agustina