Error searching by Author (A to Z), version 6.3

Freddy Guerrero

Sep 14, 2018, 12:46:41 AM9/14/18
to DSpace Technical Support
In the search by author, when selecting a letter for example M, it shows the results but the operating error occurs when putting "next", it takes you back to the letter A.

Please your help, this does not happen in version 6.2

Freddy

Freddy Guerrero

Sep 16, 2018, 11:22:23 PM9/16/18
to DSpace Technical Support
This is the case to which I refer:

Please someone from the list who can help me ??

Freddy

Tim Donohue

Sep 24, 2018, 12:25:44 PM9/24/18
to Freddy Guerrero, DSpace Technical Support
Freddy,

Hovering over the "Next" (siguiente) link shows the following URL:
http://repositorio.flacsoandes.edu.ec/browse?type=author&order=ASC&rpp=20&offset=20

The thing I immediately notice is that second URL is *missing* the "starts_with" parameter.  It should have a "starts_with=B" just like the original URL.  Without that parameter, it looks like clicking on the next page will start you back at the beginning (instead of continuing with letter "B")

So, this looks like a bug, but I'm not entirely sure where this bug exists.

I'd recommend logging a ticket in our JIRA (https://jira.duraspace.org/projects/DS/) so that we can dig into this further. I'm not sure of a fix at this time, but hopefully this at least helps narrow down the problem. If you don't yet have a JIRA account, you can request one by emailing sysa...@duraspace.org.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org

Freddy Guerrero

Oct 4, 2018, 12:01:37 PM10/4/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Tim

I have not had any luck with a technical answer to this problem, someone from the list that could have solved this detail?

Freddy

Tim Donohue

Oct 4, 2018, 12:43:48 PM10/4/18
to Freddy Guerrero, DSpace Technical Support
Hi Freddy,

As I noted previously, I think this is a bug in DSpace.  Since it looks like this has not been logged in our ticketing system, I've just logged it for you:

https://jira.duraspace.org/browse/DS-4037

(In that ticket, I've noted how I was able to reproduce this bug on our Demo site.  It looks to me like the bug is specific to the JSPUI, and doesn't affect the XMLUI)

I've flagged this ticket as "Needs Volunteer" status.  As all development in DSpace happens via volunteers (we do not have a centralized development team), we'll have to wait for someone in the community to contribute back a bug fix, via our code contribution guidelines: https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSPACE/Code+Contribution+Guidelines

However, that said, I'm hoping that this bug will be of interest to others who use the JSPUI and hopefully we'll get a fix in the near future.

Tim

Freddy Guerrero

Oct 5, 2018, 1:08:04 AM10/5/18
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Tim

I appreciate your attention, I will be aware of the possibilities

Regards

Freddy