ORCID support patch

ottawad...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2021, 2:24:09 PM6/15/21
to DSpace Technical Support

I am writing to you to inquire about expanded ORCID support patch.

I have attempted to apply the patch to a DSpace 6.3 (JSPUI) installation, and there were a few issues in getting the patch to apply correctly.

  • I noticed that one of the properties for dspace.cfg is orcid.api.url = https://pub.orcid.org/v2.1, which is apparently deprecated now
  • When attempting to compile after applying and merging the patch changes, the error package org.orcid.jaxb.model.record_v2 does not exist showed, suggesting a missing dependency
  • Searches indicate that missing dependency may be https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.orcid/orcid-model (Is it the correct one? Should adding the dependency be included in the patch?)
  • After adding this dependency, a few dependency convergence errors occurred, but those specific dependencies can be excluded in the pom.xml definitions

I hope that is enough information on what has been done so far, my question now is, is an ORCID dependency supposed to be included in the patch? If so, which one? Is the extended ORCID support patch possibly out of date now?

Thank you,

Bollini Andrea

Jul 7, 2021, 9:02:01 AM7/7/21
to ottawad...@gmail.com, dspac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
sorry for the late reply.

> I noticed that one of the properties for dspace.cfg is
orcid.api.url= https://pub.orcid.org/v2.1, which is apparently
deprecated now

ORCID v2.1 is not the current version of the API but it is still
supported a sunset deadline for it is not yet set. Version 3 of the
ORCID API are supported in the coming DSpace 7 and right now in DSpace-
CRIS all the versions.

Can you provide more details about how you have applied the patch to
your existing DSpace JSPUI 6.3 code base?

I guess that you have started from this PR
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/pull/2710

the easier approach could be to start from the dspace-6.x branch that
already include it https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/dspace-6_x

As you can check here

https://github.com/4Science/DSpace/blob/DS-2715_6-x/dspace-api/pom.xml#L713-L717

the orcid model dependency has an org.dspace groupId so this is the
artifact that you are looking for
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.dspace/orcid-jaxb-api/2.1.0

at the time of the patch there were not yet an official orcid artifact
under the org.orcid group id

Best regards,
Andrea

--
Questo messaggio e' stato analizzato da Libraesva ESG ed e' risultato non infetto.
This message was scanned by Libraesva ESG and is believed to be clean.