DSpace 7.5 - How can I use my own domain? Please help.

LEONEL ALARCON BRAVO

Jun 28, 2024, 3:48:06 PMJun 28
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello colleagues, I have installed dspace 7.5, I have done everything, I installed it on a server and on IP:4000 it works perfectly, you can access the entire university using the same network, but now I need to be able to access from the university domain.

http://[ip]:4000/home works perfectly
http://[domain name]:4000/home gives me the error 500 service unavailable.

I have seen some posts with similar things, but I would appreciate it not working, could you tell me how to do it? directions, something, I am desperately looking for information and I can't find it, it is also important to mention that I do not want to lose all the interface modifications I have made as well as all the educational resources deposited on the platform and their statistics.

I will be attentive to your comments, thank you very much colleagues.

DSpace Technical Support

Jul 10, 2024, 5:56:47 PM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

If you are still having issues getting DSpace 7 running on your own domain, then I'd recommend following the instructions in the Installation Guide about setting up Apache or Nginx as a proxy in front of *both* the User Interface (frontend) and REST API (backend).  Then you can configure your domain easily in Apache or Nginx and run it via HTTPS.

See the Installation guide at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace   For the details about using Apache or Nginx, see step 17 of the Backend Install and step 8 of the Frontend Install.

Tim