OrgUnit Entity does not display its submition form

Munira Ayad

Jun 30, 2024, 10:14:40 AMJun 30
to DSpace Technical Support
Hello everyone,

I had problem with DSpace 7.6.1 , when I add a collection with an entity type as project or person, it works fine and give me the right submission form.
But when I add a collection with an entity type OrgUnit, it always gives me a publication submission form.

It had worked for a while as OrgUnit Submission form but doesn't
work anymore after added some collections.

No error Or mistakes appears.

How could I solve this problem?
Screenshot from 2024-06-30 12-28-19.pngScreenshot from 2024-06-30 12-29-34.png

petersu...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2024, 11:20:20 AMJul 1
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Munira,

First of all, try forcing the submission forms to reload by restarting tomcat.

If that doesn't work then sounds like you might be experiencing something related to this issue: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9402 where once you exceed 10 collections with a specific entity type, the entity-specific submission form would stop loading for new collections.

The issue has been fixed but you'll need to patch your instance with the linked pull request. If you've installed the code fix then you might have found a new bug.

If you're unable to incorporate the code from the pull request then you can workaround the issue by specifying the collection entity relationship in your item-submission.xml file. To do this edit item-submission.xml and add an entry like:
<name-map collection-handle="{add your collection handle here}" submission-name="OrgUnit"/> and restart tomcat.

You'll likely need to repeat this for each entity type affected. Let me know if this works for you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Munira Ayad

Jul 2, 2024, 6:46:26 AMJul 2
to DSpace Technical Support
Thanks for your replay.

The solution with collection-handle worked for me, but I prefer to solve this issue to add every collection automatically better than add collection-handle in item-submission.xml code for every new collection.

I tried to read the pull : https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9402  , to fix the problem, but for sorry I didn't understand what to do.

Could you help me?

DSpace Technical Support

Jul 10, 2024, 6:10:00 PM (11 days ago) Jul 10
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Munira,

The fixes in  https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9402 are available in the DSpace 7.6.2 release (which was just announced today).  So, the easiest way to apply those changes is just to upgrade to 7.6.2, as that release provides several bug fixes to 7.6 and 7.6.1.

Tim