How to display related publications in Journal item entity?

euler

Jun 6, 2024, 7:02:01 PMJun 6
to DSpace Technical Support
How do I display the publications on the Journal item page? Based on the slides at https://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/dspace-7-the-power-of-configurable-entities/155179354#18, the related publications are shown on the journal item page.
journal-item-page.PNG
However, this is not enabled on the DSpace 7 and 8 demo sites.
Are there any configurations that I need to add/change? I thought this feature was enabled by default. I followed the instructions at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Configurable+Entities#ConfigurableEntities-EnablingEntities, so I wonder if anybody has figured out how to enable the display of publications in the journal entity.

Thanks in advance!
euler

euler

Jun 14, 2024, 1:06:05 PMJun 14
to DSpace Technical Support
Dear All,

If my post previously did not get enough attention and was overlooked because of other posts, I would like to highlight my concern about showing the related publications in a Journal entity. I am discouraged from implementing configurable entities featuring Journals, Journal Volumes, Journal Issues, and Publications if related publications are not displayed at all in the Journal entity. I noticed that the publications only appear in the Journal Issues entity. As I mentioned before, based on the slideshare link I shared, the related publications were displayed in the Journal entity, but that is not the case if I visit the demo site (versions 7 and 8).

I hope someone can shed light on this or is this a bug? I am very interested in implementing this, the only issue that keeps me from implementing this is the issue I mentioned before.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
euler

DSpace Technical Support

Jun 25, 2024, 4:36:42 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Euler,

This looks to me like it might be a bug.  A searchable list of publications are supposed to be listed under the searchbox / filters on the Journal page.  However, I'm also not seeing them on the demo site, e.g. https://demo.dspace.org/entities/journal/a23eae5a-7857-4ef9-8e52-989436ad2955

Please report this as a bug in our ticketing system: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues   Then I'll see if I can find a volunteer to investigate how this has somehow broken.

(In general, if you find unexpected behavior on the demo or sandbox sites, then it's more likely to be a bug.  At that point you are welcome to immediately create a bug ticket.  If we find it's a misconfiguration or other issue, then we can always close the ticket with an explanation)

Tim

euler

Jun 25, 2024, 5:37:25 PM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to DSpace Technical Support
Dear Tim,

Thanks for the confirmation that this is a bug. I reported this in the dspace-angular issues here: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/3141

euler