display number of items in community dspace 7

Seun Adewoye

May 10, 2022, 3:51:53 PM5/10/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi everyone,

Please I need help on how to display number of items in community dspace 7. Can't find  webui.strengths.show in dspace.cfg file.

Tim Donohue

May 11, 2022, 1:12:21 PM5/11/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

At this time this feature is not supported in DSpace 7.  If someone would like to build/create it, we do accept code contributions for new features.

In DSpace 7 you can determine the number of Items in a Community by visiting the "Browse By Title" on a Community page.  It will list all items in a paginated list, providing the total number at the top of that list (e.g. "Now showing 1 - 20 of 266").  Here's an example on the demo site: https://demo7.dspace.org/browse/title?scope=0958c910-2037-42a9-81c7-dca80e3892b4

Tim

Seun Adewoye

May 11, 2022, 3:29:25 PM5/11/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Thank you Tim Donohue for your response.

Night Librarian

Oct 10, 2022, 7:13:34 PM10/10/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Greetings!

I am on 7.3 and don't see these numbers when I browse by title in a community.  Where could I turn this on?

Thank you in advance!

Seun Adewoye

May 24, 2023, 1:46:06 PM5/24/23
to DSpace Technical Support
Is this features available now?, I mean  display number of items in community dspace 7

DSpace Technical Support

Jun 15, 2023, 11:22:25 AM6/15/23
to DSpace Technical Support
This feature will be available in 7.6.  The ticket was just completed: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/1787