[Dspace-tech] hello!!

juan esteban gomez tirado

Aug 25, 2015, 12:55:26 PM8/25/15
to dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
hello i'm new in the comunity, i am from colombia so my english isn't good... sorry

i have a problem with the mails in dspace, i installed the dspace, but when i go to registry an user there is an error

i installed the tomcat 5.0 and jdk 5, i need information about this and solutions for this problem

thank you, i wait your answer

Sean Carte

Aug 25, 2015, 12:55:27 PM8/25/15
to juan esteban gomez tirado, dspac...@lists.sourceforge.net
2009/7/16 juan esteban gomez tirado <juan...@hotmail.com>:
> i have a problem with the mails in dspace, i installed the dspace, but when
> i go to registry an user there is an error
>
> i installed the tomcat 5.0 and jdk 5, i need information about this and
> solutions for this problem

Hi Juan

It's possible that you have not configured a mail server in your
dspace.cfg file?

mail.server -- fully-qualified domain name of your outgoing mail server.

If that is correct, what is the error message reported in your dspace.log?

If none of that is helpful, I recommend you visit the archives at:
http://www.nabble.com/DSpace---Tech-f27460.html.

Sean
--
Sean Carte
esAL Library Systems Manager

Sean Carte

Aug 25, 2015, 12:55:44 PM8/25/15
to dspace-tech
2009/7/16 juan esteban gomez tirado <juan...@hotmail.com>:
> hello sean!
>
> i have configured the mail server it isn't the problem....
>
> it is the error:
>
> org.dspace.app.webui.servlet.RegisterServlet @
> anonymous:session_id=EF7EB7EB4F9EE569AF9FCDF2A108D082:ip_addr=0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1:error_emailing:email=je...@hotmail.com
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPSendFailedException: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS
> command first
>
>     at
> com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.issueSendCommand(SMTPTransport.java:1388)
>     at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.mailFrom(SMTPTransport.java:959)
>     at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.sendMessage(SMTPTransport.java:583)
>     at javax.mail.Transport.send0(Transport.java:169)
>     at javax.mail.Transport.send(Transport.java:98)
>     at org.dspace.core.Email.send(Email.java:362)
>     at org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendEmail(AccountManager.java:296)
>     at org.dspace.eperson.AccountManager.sendInfo(AccountManager.java:256)
>     at

Hi Juan

I'm replying back to the list as there are people there who know much
more than I do.

Please could you tell us what you've configured as your mail.server in
your dspace.cfg file.