disable self-registration on DSpace 7

Joshua Kim

Nov 22, 2022, 11:40:36 AM11/22/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi,

In DSpace 7, self-registration (password authentication) is enabled by default. Is there a way to disable the self-registration on DSpace 7?

----------------
Joshua Kim
Web Developer, Library IT
Library, Museums and Press
University of Delaware

Mohammad S. AlMutairi

Nov 22, 2022, 3:04:44 PM11/22/22
to DSpace Technical Support
Hi Jashua,

It's a known bug but you can try this https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/8499 until it get officially fixed.

Mike Schouten

Nov 22, 2022, 4:11:22 PM11/22/22
to DSpace Technical Support
If you haven't done so already, you can also get rid of the registration link below the login box by editing the front end code at /src/app/shared/log-in/log-in.component.html  and commenting out or erasing the line:

<a class="dropdown-item" *ngIf="canRegister$ | async" [routerLink]="[getRegisterRoute()]" [attr.data-test]="'register' | dsBrowserOnly">{{"login.form.new-user" | translate}}</a>

Of course that just removes the link, not the form itself.  Unfortunately I'm also having the issue where the "Forgot your password" functionality sends people a registration link and instructions if you punch in an email that isn't a user already.  So to completely hide registration, I also have to hide the password reset functionality.  And even that just obfuscates it...

In short, I'd certainly love to see a simple "disable registration" option for authentication-password!