Welcome to the latest DSpace Committer: Hrafn Malmquist (U of Edinburgh)

Tim Donohue

Jul 27, 2021, 2:41:46 PM7/27/21
to DSpace Community, DSpace Developers
Dear DSpace Community,

The DSpace Committers are delighted to announce a new member to the team: Hrafn Malmquist from The University of Edinburgh. Please join us in welcoming him!

Hrafn is developer in the Digital Library development team at The University of Edinburgh where he maintains several DSpace repositories for a consortium of Scottish higher education institutions. Hrafn has mostly focused on working on DSpace 6.x, especially fixing bugs for the v6 REST API and Mirage2 XMLUI interface. He has also contributed code to Archivematica, open source digital preservation software, that enabled it to connect to DSpace 6 and deposit AIPs and DIPs (back in 2018).

We are always on the lookout for new developers, contributors, and committers within the DSpace community. Anyone who would like to get more involved is encouraged to join our weekly developer meetings.

Contributions can take many forms, from writing code to editing documentation, or testing new releases, to improving the theme/usability of our user interface. For more information, see our guide to contributing to DSpace:

If you or someone you know has been an active DSpace contributor for some time, you can also nominate that person to become our next committer! Nomination details are available at:

Thanks,

Tim Donohue, on behalf of the DSpace Committers Group

--

Tim Donohue

Technical Lead, DSpace

tim.d...@lyrasis.org