NOTICE: Support for DSpace 5 and 6 is ending in 2023

Tim Donohue

May 31, 2022, 10:14:25 AM5/31/22
to DSpace Community, DSpace Technical Support, DSpace Developers, dspacecommuni...@googlegroups.com

Dear DSpace Community,

The DSpace Steering Group announces that security support for DSpace 5.x and 6.x will end on the following dates:

  • DSpace 5.x: Support ends on January 1, 2023

  • DSpace 6.x: Support ends on July 1, 2023

This means that after those dates:

  • That version of DSpace will be considered “end-of-life” (EOL)

  • Future minor releases of that major version will not occur

  • Bugs affecting those releases will not be addressed

  • Security vulnerabilities affecting those releases will not be addressed

We recommend all institutions upgrade to DSpace 7 as soon as possible.

As we realize that both DSpace 5.x and 6.x are still in wide usage throughout the community, we’ve attempted to answer all questions you may have on our wiki at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Support+for+DSpace+5+and+6+is+ending+in+2023

If your question is not yet answered on that page, please add it in the wiki page comments and we will ensure it is answered.

Sincerely,

The DSpace Steering Group

Mohammad J Y Al-jaberi

Jun 13, 2022, 2:00:26 AM6/13/22
to Santucci, Dave (ELS-DAY) (dave.santucci@elsevier.com), Member...@lyrasis.org, dspace...@googlegroups.com, tick...@mire.be, Integration Support (ELS) (integrationsupport@elsevier.com), Nada Mahmoud Ahmed Aboueata

Dear Dave,

Elsevier

Reference to the attached below message and to have plan to upgrade DSpace 6.3  to 7.x , please update the status for the patch “Elsevier upload stage in the submission workflow” with DSpace 7.x ?.

And as you know we are still facing an issue with the latest patch released by Atmire for Dspace 6.x. ( see the attached email).

Waiting your reply,

Thanks and regards,

Mohammad J Y Al-jaberi
Section Head of Library Information Systems
Information Technology Services Department
Tel.:
+974 4403 3463
Fax: +974 4403 3401

[Qatar University] : Elsevier API integration with Dsapce patch matter.eml

Mohammad J Y Al-jaberi

Jun 14, 2022, 2:10:19 AM6/14/22
to Santucci, David (ELS-HBE), Member...@lyrasis.org, dspace...@googlegroups.com, tick...@mire.be, Integration Support (ELS), Nada Mahmoud Ahmed Aboueata

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your email and swift reply. Please find the below information.

DSpace :

We have “DSpace Membership Program - Bronze Level/ Tier “ through LYRASIS and working with Atimre for any technical issues in DSpace

logo

Bram Luyten
250-B Suite 3A, Lucius Gordon Drive, West Henrietta, NY 14586
Gaston Geenslaan 14, 3001 Leuven, Belgium

E-mail: br...@atmire.com

DSpace Express Hosting - Open Repository Hosting - Custom DSpace Services

Elsevier :

·         Saide Sak

Customer Consultant  for Turkey, Qatar and UAE

ELSEVIER | RSS

+90 535 553 02 71 mobile

s....@elsevier.com / www.elsevier.com

·         Al Harbi, Ghaida

Account Support Coordinator A&G, Corporate MEA

ELSEVIER B.V.
Radarweg 29 | 1043 NX Amsterdam | The Netherlands
E-mailg.al...@elsevier.com / www.elsevier.com

Please let us know for any clarification or further information.

Thanks and regards,