More Information on the search page than just the title of the item/collection

Akshay Nayyar

May 10, 2021, 11:57:17 AM5/10/21
to DSpace Developers
Hey,

i'm a newcomer to Dpsace 7 and I pulled the Dspace Angular UI repo from github and I'm trying to achieve the following 2 things -

1. Goal is to show more information on the search page like description, author, date. Currently the results only show what kind of an item it is such as a collection/item/publication and the title.

2. An additional settings button on the search page which can sort and decide how many elements to show on a page. Similar to what the dropdown menu on the left side does. I've managed to add the icon but it still isn't functional and does not show the page options. I have added a picture depicting what I'm aiming for with the search button.

I'll be grateful if someone can guide me on how to accomplish these 2 goals. If this is not the place to ask these questions, I'd appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction.
Capture.PNG