problems with dspace-angular beta3

Bill Tantzen

Jul 8, 2020, 1:39:18 PM7/8/20
to dspace...@googlegroups.com
Out of the box, my angular client works fine against the test REST server.  However, when I run the client against my own REST server, every OPTIONS request generates a response code 403. (which usually results in the client hanging).

I think this is a problem with either my tomcat or my apache setup, but I have not been able to track down the cause.  (it's probably tomcat, because the response is initially returned there).  In terms of configuration, both are pretty vanilla.

One interesting side note: any identical request sent via Postman succeeds with response code 200!  A problem with headers perhaps?

I have apache version: Apache/2.4.6 (Red Hat Enterprise Linux),
tomcat version 9.0.34
openjdk 11.07

Example errors from the java console:
[Error] XMLHttpRequest cannot load
  https://XXXX.lib.umn.edu/server/api/statistics/viewevents due to access control checks.
[Log] Error:  – t (main.07d9b2d02aa94962fe83.js, line 1)
[Error] Object
[Error] Failed to load resource: Preflight response is not successful (viewevents, line 0)

And this is repeated for each and every OPTIONS request.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Bill

--
Human wheels spin round and round
While the clock keeps the pace... -- John Mellencamp