Call for Proposals: Improving ORCID Functionality in DSpace

ORCID US

Mar 19, 2024, 11:52:34 AMMar 19
to DSpace Developers

Greetings all,

Last fall, Lyrasis submitted a grant application to the ORCID Global Participation Fund to prioritize and speed the development of several bug fixes and issues related to ORCID in DSpace 7x and beyond. Our grant application was successful in the amount of $20,000, and we are now calling for proposals to complete the development work outlined here:

  1. Can’t log in using ORCID if ORCID email address is set to private (this was already fixed for DSpace CRIS, needs to be ported over to DSpace) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9087

  2. ORCID integration bugs on the ORCID Authorizations page https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/8925

  3. Author ORCID iDs should be displayed on work landing pages out of the box (and noted as either authenticated or unauthenticated) https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9086

  4. Versioning and ORCID https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/8662

  5. Option to Disconnect ORCID does not revoke token https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9088

The timeline for completing the work is expected to fall between April 15, 2024 and November 30, 2024.

Those interested in completing this work, please submit a one-page proposal to Sheila Rabun at sheila...@lyrasis.org by April 7, 2024 at 11:59pm your local time, indicating:

  • Which ticket(s) would you address? You can propose to work on one or more.

  • How would you approach the work?

  • Your timeline for completing the work

  • A cost estimate for completing the work

  • Links to any previous development work you have done for DSpace, if applicable

Those submitting a proposal will be notified of their status no later than April 15, 2024.

Note that all work will be reviewed and approved by the DSpace committers. Improvements that are implemented via this project will be maintained by the DSpace committers team. Once work is complete, we plan to have DSpace re-certified as an ORCID certified service provider. We also hope to gather more insight into the challenges posed by DSpace having both an unauthenticated ORCID lookup, as well as the authenticated ORCID API integration, the migration path from previous versions of DSpace to newer versions for ORCID iDs specifically, and see if we can document guidance or recommendations for institutions on how to handle ORCID iDs from different sources. If you have any questions about this project or ORCID and DSpace in general, please contact orc...@lyrasis.org

Thank you,

Sheila Rabun
https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1196-6279
Senior Strategist, Research Infrastructure Programs at Lyrasis

ORCID US

Apr 1, 2024, 1:16:08 PMApr 1
to DSpace Developers
Hi all,

The deadline for proposals on the Lyrasis "Improving ORCID Functionality in DSpace" grant (details below) has been extended by one week - the new deadline is April 14, 2024 at 11:59pm your local time. Subsequently, those who submit a proposal will be notified of their status by April 22. For any questions, please contact sheila...@lyrasis.org. Thank you!

Sheila Rabun

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-1196-6279

Senior Strategist, Research Infrastructure Programs at Lyrasis

sheila...@lyrasis.org

ORCID US

Apr 9, 2024, 6:31:14 PMApr 9
to DSpace Developers
ORCID US
3:30 PM (now)
to DSpace Community
Greetings all,

This is a reminder that the April 14 deadline for proposals on the Lyrasis "Improving ORCID Functionality in DSpace" grant is approaching this weekend. Individuals or groups interested in contributing to one or more of the following tickets should submit a brief proposal to sheila...@lyrasis.org by April 14 at 11:59pm your local time.

Tickets that need to be addressed:
In your proposal, please include:
  • Which ticket(s) would you address? You can propose to work on one or more.
  • How would you approach the work?
  • Your timeline for completing the work
  • A cost estimate for completing the work
  • Links to any previous development work you have done for DSpace, if applicable
The general timeline for this project is April 15, 2024 through November 30, 2024. Those who submit a proposal will be notified of their status by April 22. For any questions, please contact sheila...@lyrasis.org. Thank you!