Problem with DSpace 7.4 ssl installation

mohan pradhan

Oct 25, 2022, 11:00:28 PM10/25/22
to DSpace Community
 I have installed DSpace 7.4 with SSL, when accessing with https://url/ The
error displayed is :
500Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance
downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
When checking the log file, the error displayed is:

2022-10-26 07:57:33,041 INFO  88860cd7-671e-4276-be49-3409e1efa671
4b5d67cf-cef2-4932-b504-38ebf1aa55f2
org.dspace.app.rest.utils.DSpaceAPIRequestLoggingFilter @ Befor>
<ed.java:73))
I would appreciate if you could kindly help to resolve the problem

Mohan Raj Pradhan
HealthNet Nepal

Tim Donohue

Nov 1, 2022, 10:05:48 AM11/1/22
to DSpace Community
Hi,

We have a troubleshooting guide which can help with 500 errors.  A 500 error just means "something went wrong on the backend".  In order to determine the real error you'll need to check the backend logs.  Here's our troubleshooting guide: https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

If you just installed DSpace 7, it's possible that you'll find the backend error is one of our "common installation issues" listed at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-CommonInstallationIssues

Once you find the detailed error message, if you need more help let us know on this list.

Tim