DSpace 6 / PURE Issue

Ben Parkes

May 29, 2024, 5:18:48 AMMay 29
to dspace-c...@googlegroups.com

Hello community,

One of the instances of DSpace 6 I maintain has been encountering an issue while records are updated via PURE. It appears if records are updated or edited via PURE a new DSpace record is generated rather than simply updating the existing one. Further to this the old record’s handle appears to be retained despite no longer being associated with any item in the database. This means when the repository is harvested two records/handles are retrieved for a single item, one for the old record and one for the updated record.

What I’d like to ascertain is whether this is a known issue, whether this issue is caused by PURE or DSpace, and if there is a known way to automatically delete the retained records/handles?

Thanks,

Ben

____________________________

Ben Parkes

Lead SCURL Developer | Digital Library Software Developer

Digital Library, Library & University Collections, University of Edinburgh

Argyle House, Lady Lawson Street, Edinburgh EH3 9DR

Pronouns: He, him, his

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th’ ann an Oilthigh Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.

DSpace Community

May 31, 2024, 12:07:39 PMMay 31
to DSpace Community
Hi Ben,

I'm not aware of the PURE integration, but this sounds like an issue on the PURE side of things.  DSpace doesn't have an out-of-the-box PURE plugin, so it's less likely to be a bug in DSpace....it sounds more like PURE is making the wrong call to DSpace an accidentally creating a new object instead of editing the old one.

That's a complete guess, but maybe others who use this PURE integration will have other ideas.

Tim