Some Label in Item submission page are not getting translated in DSpace 7.0

Pragash Rajeswaran

Oct 11, 2022, 6:07:20 AM10/11/22
to DSpace Community
Good Day Team,

   Utilizing DSpace 7.0 for our project, and I am working on getting all labels in the submission forms to get translated. The issue I see, the "Description" is being presented at alot of location in the form, and the value is getting displayed by many label translations.

example:=> id with " label_dc_description" is presented at details of the submission page
                      id with label_array_26" is getting it inside the thumbnails of the submission.

I found out section-upload-file-edit.modle.ts is performing the tranlsation when a file details is returned by server configuration xml. I also found some of the label I am trying to translate are not presented in the ts file which is causing the failing.

As I was trying to understand how to add these into .ts file, found there are multiple models represented in the file(DynamicDatePickerModelConfig,
  DynamicFormArrayModelConfig,
  DynamicFormControlLayout,
  DynamicFormGroupModelConfig,
  DynamicSelectModelConfig,) , which model should I add the Title/Description of the file thumbnail section for translation? and which model would be for other area's of the form?

 any details explanation of this would help thank you.

Regards
Pragash

Tim Donohue

Oct 11, 2022, 1:34:27 PM10/11/22
to Pragash Rajeswaran, DSpace Community
Hi Pragash,

At this time, there's a known bug that labels & hints on the submission page don't support dynamically changing the language: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/646

For now, it is possible to change the language of the labels by modifying the <label> field in your "submission-forms.xml", for example:

It's also possible to create multiple "submission-forms.xml" in different languages by using a language code.
  • submission-forms_de.xml would be used for German
  • submission-forms_fr.xml would be used for French
  • submission-forms.xml would be the default
Unfortunately, though, that currently requires duplicating the "submission-forms.xml" file entirely for each language.

Tim

Oct 26, 2022, 8:20:51 AM10/26/22
to Tim Donohue, DSpace Community
Hi Tim,

   We have decided to go with your options of having multiple submission forms?
Question:  How does the language selection in frontend, utilized in choosing the right submission forms to send from backend?
                   a.) Is there any specific configurations needed to make this work?
                    b.) additional code change needed in backend or frontend to get this working for different language forms?

Regards
Pragash