Is it possible to add an uniform header to PDFs

SUGITA Shigeki

Jan 14, 2021, 10:09:36 PM1/14/21
to dspace-c...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Kyoto University repository has been adding a cover pages to PDF documents.

https://repository.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/

In addition to that, we'd like to add an uniform header to each PDF page if technically possible.
For example, PDFs of PMC Full text have ivory headers as "NIH Public Access. Author Manuscript. (metadata of the atticle here)" with NIH logo. See an example below.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24639061/
(follow the link to full text and choose PDF.)

I don't know whether they are pre-embedded or added just on retrieved in the NIH case.
However, having a considerable amount of already-existing items in our repository, I hope there is a feasible technical method which can do it on-demand.

Could anyone please let me know if there is a DSpace instance which has such a feature, or technical possibility of realizing it?

Thank you.
Regards,
--
Shigeki Sugita <sugita....@gmail.com>
Kyoto University Library, Japan

SUGITA Shigeki

Apr 12, 2022, 10:43:29 PMApr 12
to dspace-c...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

Kyoto University repository now adds repository-specific headers on-the-fly to all PDF pages like as the sample image attached.

See an example: https://repository.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/dspace/handle/2433/123371

We are willing to make the source code open and share it with you if anyone is interested.
We'd like to contact dspace-tech later.

Thank you.

Regards,
--