translation in some .ts file not working as expected as well as custom checkbox has bad visibiity

Pragash Rajeswaran

Nov 4, 2022, 7:50:21 AM11/4/22
to DSpace Community
Good day team,

     This constant label is hard corded so it is not getting translated into different languages. I tried adding items into json files, and put the key for the label does not get translated as expected. On a separate note,  the one below highlighted in green is working so wondering whether there additional changes needed to get translation working?

Issue 1:=>

export const SECTION_LICENSE_FORM_MODEL = [
  {
    id: 'granted',
    label: 'I confirm the license above (required)',
    required: true,
    value: false,
    validators: {
      required: null
    },
    errorMessages: {
      required: 'You must accept the license',
      notgranted: 'You must accept the license'
    },
    type: 'CHECKBOX',
  }
];

CURRENTLY WORKS THE TRANSLATION EXAMPLE BELOW:=>
export const BITSTREAM_FORM_ACCESS_CONDITION_TYPE_CONFIG: DynamicSelectModelConfig<any> = {
  id: 'name',
  label: 'submission.sections.upload.form.access-condition-label',
};

Issue 2:
 Once the checkbox is selected to "I confirm the license the checkbox becomes not visible.

Hope to get another soon, or help on both of the issues.

Regards
Pragash

Tim Donohue

Nov 8, 2022, 10:20:06 AM11/8/22
to DSpace Community
Hi Pragash,

This bug related to the untranslated checkbox was fixed in version 7.4.  See this PR https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/1708

So, I'd recommend upgrading to 7.4... or you could reference the fixes applied in 7.4 to perform the same fix in your site.

I suspect the second issue may be related to your first issue.  It's not currently reproducible in 7.4... so either it was fixed recently as well, or it is a bug resulted from the custom code you've added.

If you need more help, let us know on this list (or on dspace-tech).

Tim