Reject: Error when rejecting an item

Emilia Lobo

Jun 7, 2024, 11:52:28 AMJun 7
to DSpace Community

Hello everyone,
I am testing the workflows and in this window, all the buttons work except the red button (Reject).

I don't know where to start searching to solve it.
I have DSpace version 7.6.1 installed.

I attach screenshots with the error.

Paso_1.png
Paso_2.png
Paso_3.png

Thank you very much in advance for your contributions.

Emilia.-

Young, Philip

Jun 10, 2024, 4:56:58 PMJun 10
to DSpace Community
Did you enter something in the Reason text box?  You cannot reject an item without at least one character in the Reason box.

Philip

Jun 12, 2024, 11:59:45 AMJun 12
to DSpace Community
Hello  Philip
Thanks for responding, but I am entering a text to make the rejection. The text is required.
Should I check any settings?
Emilia.

DSpace Community

Jun 12, 2024, 12:17:55 PMJun 12
to DSpace Community
Hi Emilia,

Whenever you see an odd behavior or error in the DSpace 7 User Interface, your first step should be to look for a possible underlying error message using the Troubleshooting guide.  The underlying error message may occur in your browser's DevTools, or it may be in the backend logs.  Just follow the steps in that guide to see what you can find.

My best guess here is that some underlying error message is occurring.  But, it's impossible to help further without finding the underlying error...as that error will provide details about *why* this problem is occurring, and whether it's a misconfiguration or bad data or possibly even a bug.

Tim

Message has been deleted

Emilia Lobo

Jun 14, 2024, 1:20:45 PMJun 14
to DSpace Community
Thank you for your answers.

I was able to solve it.

The error was in the text of the submit reject file, a character that did not correspond.

Greetings,
Emilia.-